APPLICATION DEADLINE MAY 1st 2016.
We’re looking for one part-time employee to join our team in the role of “Operator.” We offer a starting wage of $15/hr, to rise to $17/hr upon the successful completion of a 3-month trainee period. Specifically, we are looking to find someone with a flexible schedule who is willing to work approximately 15 hours per week on nights/weekends. With time, more shifts may become available.
What does an Operator do?
Glad you asked!
The majority of the Operator’s job is to run Escapes. That includes:
- Greeting players as they arrive, signing them in, explaining the rules and ethos of the game; etc.
- Using our 6-monitor, 7-microphone, 9-camera setup to watch up to three teams play at once, while providing hints as needed through a Microsoft PowerPoint slide show
- Leading teams out of their scenarios, debriefing them, and showing them out
- “Resetting”everything in our three scenarios to its original position; repairing or replacing puzzles/decor as needed
A portion of the job may also be administrative:
- Responding to e-mails, phone calls, etc.; scheduling full venue bookings and dealing with other special circumstances as they arise
- Following up with recent players via e-mails, team photos, etc.
- Managing the Escape New Haven social media presence
- Maintaining a clean space, well-stocked bathroom, etc.
- Bookkeeping and filing
- Anything else that needs to be done! (We’re a very small business, so everyone has to be ready to pitch in on whatever needs doing.)
Who should apply?
If you’ve read this far and are still interested… probably you! Here are our basic requirements for applicants:
- Personable / likes people
- Tech savvy (social media, basic computing, willing to learn new software)
- Hands-on: not afraid to work with tools
- Flexible: able to think on your feet and do what it takes to solve any problems that might arise
- Organized and analytical: able to keep track of numbers, documents, spreadsheets, workflow, etc.
- Available part-time (15 hours/weekend to start; may rise to 20 hours/week as extra shifts become available)
- Likes puzzles and games; likes or interested in real-life room escapes
How do I apply?
There are two steps:
- Submit an application by filling out the form below.
- Upload a résumé here. (PDF files only! Please include your name in the document’s filename.)
Step 1: Submit an Application
Step 2: Upload a résumé.
(Microsoft Word or PDF files only! Please include your name in the document’s filename.)
[wordpress_file_upload uploadpath=”resumes” uploadpatterns=”*.pdf,*.doc,*.docx” maxsize=”5″ dublicatespolicy=”maintain both” uniquepattern=”datetimestamp” uploadtitle=”Upload a Résumé” notifyrecipients=”firstname.lastname@example.org” notifymessage=”A new résumé has been uploaded.”]